Advantages of new MOTORINO™ electric scooters with CCT™ driving system.
With the CCT™ selector switch, you can choose between HIGH RANGE, HIGH TORQUE or HIGH SPEED modes according to road conditions or your preferences.
2. In the high torque/high speed mode, the CCT’s acceleration can outperform many gasoline scooters.
3. The CCT™ MOTORINO™ scooters have incredible climbing ability. They maintain a much higher steady maximum speed on hills when compared to other electric scooters including geared motors ones.
4. Compare to a regular BLDC motor which efficiency sinks quite a lot on hills, the CCT™ motor and controller maintain higher efficiency and consumes less energy but provides higher torque. It automatically rolls back to economy mode when hill incline allows and not only extends the range but preserves the batteries and lengthens their life.
5. All CCT™ MOTORINO™ scooters come prewired for a second battery. With the dual battery pack option, range can reach 100km.
6. Since all MOTORINO™ scooters are built on motorcycle frame, some of them are upgradable to electric motorcycles. After registered as such by the owner the controller can be upgraded to the performance of a regular motorcycle.
1. All CCT™ MOTORINO™ electric scooters come with 3.5” wide DOT approved tubeless motorcycle tires for superior traction on wet terrain.
2. The magnetic frictionless regenerative rear wheel brake is three times more powerful than a standard regenerative brake.
3. The hydraulic motorcycle size disk brake and extra wide brake pads ensure a very short braking distance.
4. The MOTORINO™ electric scooters are equipped with panoramic signal lights, tail and stop lights plus turn signal lights on the mirrors.
5. A standard feature of all MOTORINO™ scooters is a built in vibration sensitive 60db alarm.
1. The tubeless tires have three layers of puncture protection material, bet even if you have flat they are easy to fix. No need to take the tire off - just use provided tubeless tire repair kit and plug the hole.
2. The front and rear wheels are equipped with maintenance free heavy-duty sealed ball bearings designed to minimize friction.
3. The powerful magnetic brake of CCT™ electric motor decreases the need to use your mechanical brakes - charging your battery while extending the life of your brake pads.
4. All MOTORINO™ dealers offer wide range of accessories to their customers and free check-ups and tune-ups during the warranty period.
1. The frame is made from motorcycle grade steel. The size and strength of the rear forks distinguishes a MOTORINO™ CCT™ e-bike from its’ competitors.
2. The only moving parts on the bike are four low-friction titanium plated sealed bearings. That’s why we can offer a two-year warranty on our motors.
3. The 3.5” wide tires are made with 6 layers from rubber/vinyl mixture for durability
4. The magnetic regenerative brakes supply considerable braking power meaning longer brake life and reduced brake pad wear.
1. MOTORINO™ CCT™ electric scooter type bikes are built like and look like motorcycles, yet they are fully compliant in North America as electric bicycles. No license, insurance or registration is required.
2. A full re-charge of the battery costs 8 only cents.
3. All models come with large storage compartments - and for serious shoppers, some models can handle an optional extra-large cargo box.
4. The batteries are removable and can be charged off the bike.
5. All MOTORINO™ scooters come with rain cape, rain cover and tubeless tire repair kit.
6. The “smart” charger supplied with every bike shuts off automatically the first charging stage and switches to a trickle charge maintaining the battery in a top shape.
THE NEW DRIVING SYSTEM
can outperform standard brushless hub or brushless geared motors.
Wider and thicker magnets are driven by custom windings to produce
35% more torque than other 500Watt and 750Watt LEV motors. Those windings
are sequenced by our new CCT controller- a durable governor which
applies power and torque when necessary, while conserving battery
reserves when possible. Satisfying both Canadian and American regulations
for power-assisted bicycle motors, our MOTORINO DC Brushless Hub motors
can climb steeper and longer hills while carrying heavier loads than
THE CCT GEARS
The CCT controller has three electronic gears; each presets a maximum speed for the bike. The controller provides power at different frequencies for each gear. To increase torque it provides impulses to the rotor for longer periods at the same current instead of increasing the current over a short period of time, as in a single speed motor. This is why we call the system a Continuous Current Transmission. The rider can change between these three gears on the fly. GREENWIT TECHNOLOGIES Inc. is now working on CCT controller that will change gears electronically and automatically depending on the road conditions.
EVOLUTION OF OUR DRIVING SYSTEM
In March of 2007 GREENWIT TECHNOLOGIES Inc took steps to change that when it introduced the first electric scooter powered by a side mounted high-RPM 500W motor with DYNATECH™ torque converter to the North American market. These motors could outperform regular hub motors due to the better efficiency of higher RPM BLDC, bringing significantly more torque to the back wheel. The improvement came at cost; the geared system required more maintenance and incurred friction losses.
Also the fixed gear ratio prevented independent control of speed and torque. Endeavoring to create a more reliable, more powerful motor GREENWIT TECHNOLOGIES Inc introduced their new CCT (Continuous Current Transmission) driving system early in 2008 after several years of development. The CCT’s function is similar to the transmission in a regular drive train; only instead of teeth and pinions, the CCT uses transistors and logic gates. The CCT allows the rider control torque while maintaining the current drawn and consequently maintaining motor efficiency. By allowing the rider to control torque and speed independently we have greatly increased efficiency- high torque is not always necessary, but high speed is always appreciated.
When you climb a hill with a regular one-speed hub or geared motor, as the road speed decreases below the motors ideal operating speed the controller will compensate by providing higher current to the motor. This will lower the motor’s efficiency as all BLDC are designed for a specific wattage; it will also drain the battery more quickly and risks overheating the motor and controller. Rather than increasing current to maintain ideal groundspeed, the CCT can simply shift gears to operate at a lower ideal groundspeed by energizing different sequences of stator windings at different frequencies. The same current continues to flow into the motor but it is sent to energize fewer windings for longer intervals, increasing torque.
By adjusting the winding sequence and frequency on the fly the CCT driving system can provide higher torque during acceleration and climbs, while preserving a high top speed. Once at speed the momentum of the bike may be enough to carry it up a modest hill without switching gears. On larger hills the rider can wait until the bike begins to slow before switching seamlessly to high torque mode and continuing the climb. While riding downhill the bike can convert its own inertia into current to replenish its batteries by using a highly efficient regenerative braking system. The much larger magnets and unique winding patterns in our motor produce enough stopping power so that the mechanical brakes are nearly made redundant.
The most impressive feature of our latest driving system is its reliability. Geared motors are subject to friction damage and require frequent maintenance. Our driving system is completely solid state; the spinning tire and its bearings are the only moving components. The motor and controller are well sealed and resistant to corrosion and can carry a rider for several thousand kilometers without servicing. Substantially larger magnets, combined with the Continuous Current Transmission produce up to 66Nm of torque- enough to propel an 170lb rider up hills over 20 degrees! Although our driving system qualifies as a power ‘assisted’ bicycle, its world beating performance could best be described simply as a powered bicycle.